Cocktail Caracas is exactly what the title saying. A mix of exotica, lounge, surf, ska, Latin America and Caribbean sounds directly from Santiago de León de Caracas, the capitol of Venezuela.
Los Javelin was born in 2001 and this is their second release. 8 amazing tracks produced and recording by Grammy Winners Daniel Espinoza and Yein Gonzalez, have a unique feeling.
This album is the rebirth of exotica sounds of Juan Garcia Esquivel, the twang sounds of The Shadows, the passion of Dick Dale & His Del-Tones, the complete movie sound of Henry Mancini and Ennio Morricone, under the Venezuelan sun.
1. La Maraquita: A fully exotic danceable track. One of the gentlest sounds that you have to dance it with your love in a room full of red curtains with black spots.
2. Punkabilly Surfer: The perfect soundtrack for the missing and unknown spy 6t’s movie that someone will discover on Ralph Thomas old desk.
3. El Toro: That’s what happening when you are mixing Asian music roots with Mexican trumpets and a Spanish flavor. Please watch out, El Toro will blow your mind.
4. Luna De Margarita: A classic Space theme. You can see the aliens dancing together with monsters on the grand ballroom
5. Camino A Tijuana: This is the perfect track to fell in love and dance under the moon of Tijuana. Are you still waiting to ask her for a dance?
6. Achtung Lab: This track comes naturally from the Cabinet of Dr. Caligari. “How long will I live?”, “Until dawn.”
7. Ska Surf: Have you ever listened the perfect mix of ska and surf music?
8. Caramelo E Chocolate: This is by far my favorite track. This is what this record is about. This is the taste that you must have after listening COCTAIL CARACAS.
Thank you Barracuda, Poison Veneno and Dr. Staccato, thank you LOS JAVELIN